Farmer's All Natural
Apple Betty, Apple Brown Betty, Apple Crisp...
Call it what you want. We call it comfort food this time of year when the leaves are falling and the air is getting cool. Put on your sweaters and pull out your favorite apple dessert recipes. Remember to always serve it with Farmer's All Natural Whip Cream.
Too busy for a pie? Take the no-fuss route and make an apple crisp instead. It packs all the flavorful punch of a pie, but with only 20 minutes of prep time necessary.
4 medium tart cooking apples, sliced (4 cups)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375ºF. Grease bottom and sides of 8-inch square pan with shortening.
2. Spread apples in pan. In medium bowl, stir remaining ingredients until well mixed; sprinkle over apples.
3. Bake about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Serve with a spoonful of whip cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Place a metal mixing bowl and metal whisk into the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Place the sugar into the mixing bowl and add the whipping cream. Whisk just until the cream reaches stiff peaks.
Colorado Dairy, Wholesale Dairy, Colorado All Natural Dairy, Colorado Wholesale Dairy, Colorado Milk, Local Milk Colorado